Monday, March 16, 2009



I took this photo of the Sellers Winery vines, laden with fruit when we visited Dani and Ed Sellers in Paso Robles last August. The promise of the grapes is like the promise of Spring: new beginnings, fresh ideas, a time to marvel at life. Watching 60 Minutes last night which also featured Alice Waters, founder of the brilliance behind the legendary Chez Panisse in Berkeley, CA was an inspiration too. Intuitively, I am always drawn to the freshest foods available and there is nothing better that the snap of fresh corn just out of the field under your teeth; or that delectable mixture of smell and taste of a brilliant tomato just off the vine. Making fresh pesto yesterday for a topping on the wild salmon dinner last night was relaxing with a delicious result. I am making Shrimp Stew with a twist for Dani and Ed tonight and will use the pesto to top off the bowls. We will serve their wonderful wine with dinner and drink to the bounties of our planet, if we pay attention to keeping it safe. I am using shells from my collection, as the centerpiece as an ode to the shrimp. Like a gift to Neptune for the bounty of the sea.

Each day is a gift, so enjoy what it may offer. I welcome your comments on my blog; I would love to have some to read !!

No comments:

Post a Comment